Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Caden's Birthday

Caden turned 4 on Sunday!
Our Superman is growing up.
Grant and I realize what a wonderful blessing he is to us. It's so hard to believe he is so big now. Dressing himself, albeit, Supersuits and 3 different shades of green are not exactly what I would choose.



We had his birthday party the previous Saturday at Westwood gymnastics. This year we let him dictate the guest list and it was neat because he invited new friends he's made from his preschool "Turtle" Class.



I sewed and designed super capes for the kids favors.
Hot pink for the girls and red or yellow for the boys.




I also took on the task of making Caden's birthday cake.
I was proud that I didn't butcher it.
I even had a couple of people ask me what bakery I ordered from. :)


*A note to anyone making bright red frosting... to get the shade of red I had for the cake, I used 4 1/2 "no taste" Wilton red food pastes for 12 cups of butter cream. The butter cream was hot pink even after I added the final food paste bottle. NOT COOL for a boy's Superman party.

So I frantically searched the Internet to figure out the problem.
1. Use gel coloring instead of liquid. Check.
2. Use at least 2 bottles of it. Check!!!
3. If that doesn't work, use powdered food coloring. Um. That's so not easy to find. : P
4. (10 minutes later and on my final search) Wait 10 minutes, check color. Viola!
RED Frosting!!!!!!

I also made my awesome nephew a Robin outfit, cape and all! He is a hoot!!! Every time he is over, this is our conversation:
Parrish: "I am Robin Man!"
Unkie Grant: "Parrish, don't you mean Robin?"
Parrish: "NO! I am Robin Man!"
Unkie Grant: "You know he's Batman's side kick."
Parrish: "No he's not! He's Robin man! And he doesn't fly, he only swings. Promise told me so."



And so we are a family of superheros...

No comments:

Post a Comment